Hiring Non-U.S. Persons

The Davis International Center supports international students and scholars at Princeton. Advisors assist with visa applications for study or work, and answer questions about immigration issues. Together with ORPA, the Center serves as a resource when you are adding non-U.S. persons to your team.

H1, O-1 and L-1 Visa Applications

Immigration and Customs Enforcement, part of the United States Department of Homeland Security, requires that all University visa sponsors conduct an initial export controls review to determine whether the non-U.S. person requires an export license. This policy applies only to H1, O-1 and L-1 visa applicants.

The Export Controls team conducts this review and notifies the Davis International Center of the determination. In some cases, additional information may be requested from the sponsor of the visa applicant to complete the certification. This is typically achieved via a short sponsor questionnaire.