InfoEd SPIN has developed a specific search dedicated to COVID-19 opportunities.
Listed below are funding opportunities available for COVID-19 federally funded research:
- National Institutes of Health (scroll to bottom of their webpage for funding opportunities list)
- The NIH is using Urgent and Emergency competing revisions and administrative supplements to existing grant awards. This approach allows the NIH to leverage resident expertise, getting additional funding to those researchers who are already working with other organisms, models, or tools so that they can quickly shift focus to the novel coronavirus. These Urgent and Emergency competitive revision Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) allow NIH to fund applications quickly, often in under three months, sometimes much quicker than that, because evaluation for scientific and technical merit is done by an internal review panel convened by staff of the NIH awarding institute or center rather than by our traditional peer review process. Find out more information from the Open Mike page.
- Additional information is also available on the NIH Grants and Funding page using "2019-nCoV" as the search field
- Rising to the COVID-19 Challenge: Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics (RADx) - posted 4-29-20
- NIH Mobilizes National Innovation Initiative for COVID-19 Diagnostics - posted 4-29-20
- NIH Director's Emergency Early Independence Awards (DP5) - limited submission - Princeton internal deadline 7/6/20. Review notice on Limited submissions page for details.
- National Science Foundation (scroll to Research on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Department of Energy
- Department of Defense
- BRO-20-Newton - Newton Award for Transformative IDeas During the COVID-19 Pandemic - deadline 5/15/20
- Investigator Initiated Research Award for Emerging Viral Diseases and Respiratory Health - Pre-App 5/28/20; Full App: 6/12/20
- Technology/Therapeutic Development Award for Emerging Viral Diseases and Respiratory Health - Pre-App 5/28/20; Full App: 6/12/20
- National Endowment for the Arts
- CARES Act Grant Program - deadline 4/22/20
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- NEH CARES: Cultural Organizations - deadline 5/11/20
- USDA - NIFA
- US-Israel Bi-National Science Foundation
For Non-Federal Opportunities, please review the Corporate Engagement and Foundation Relations website.