- Subaward policy and guidance
- Subaward preparation, review, and submission
Maria oversees the sponsored research subaward process from initiation to closeout. This includes preparing, modifying, negotiating, monitoring, and closing out subawards. A trusted advisor to Princeton's departments and principal investigators, she provides guidance regarding the array of administrative and financial issues that may arise during the lifecycle of a subaward. To raise awareness and skills throughout the University, Maria also develops and presents targeted sponsored research training, both for group and departmental presentations.
Prior to joining ORPA, Maria was an Associate Director of Corporate Contracts in the Office of Research Services at the University of Pennsylvania. There, she was responsible for the administration and negotiation of corporate, clinical trial, sponsored research, material transfer, and confidentiality agreements; as well as subawards. Maria also worked as a Senior Contract Administrator at the University of Pennsylvania and was responsible for the negotiation and administration of federal sponsored research. Prior to launching her career in academia, Maria practiced personal injury and bankruptcy law for more than a decade.
- B.S., Economics and International Relations, Ursinus College
- J.D., Widener University School of Law
- Princeton University HR Management Development Certificate
- NCURA Federal Contracting and Subawards Certification
- Admitted to Practice - Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Princeton Writes - Public Speaking Group
- Princeton Writes - Writing Group
- International Employees Group at Princeton