Princeton works with a number of funding partners to advance our faculty’s research objectives. Each sponsor awards and administers their funding differently, with unique requirements related to everything from proposal guidelines to reporting standards. It is important to familiarize yourself with complete sponsor expectations to ensure full compliance and efficient disbursement of funding.
ORPA uses Princeton ERA to track and submit all research funding proposals. Visit our Princeton ERA page for access and training opportunities. Depending on your proposal, you may also need to utilize a sponsor-specific submission portal.
Grants.gov (Workspace) is the proposal submission portal for more than 1,000 grant programs provided by dozens of federal agencies, including the Department of Defense (DOD), the Department of Energy (DOE), the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), and many others.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Application Guide
- Grants Policy Statement
- NIH Assist: Proposal submission system
- eRA Commons: Proposal and award management system
- Draft letter for PubMed Central Compliance (PDF)
National Science Foundation (NSF)
State of New Jersey
- See the Forms library for SAGE-related resources.
- System for Administering Grants Electronically (SAGE)
Sponsor Specific Submission Information
- New information coming soon, providing details on routing proposals for various sponsors including Marie Curie/EU and Simons Foundation just to name a few. To request the addition of information regarding a specific sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.